Finding your zodiac sign is fairly straightforward. Your zodiac sign is determined by your date of birth and the position of the sun at that time. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to find your zodiac sign.
Check Your Date of Birth
The first step is to know your exact date of birth, specifically the month and day. This date determines where the sun was positioned when you were born.
- In Western astrology, the zodiac year is divided into 12 zodiac signs that each rule approximately 30 days.
- To find your Western zodiac sign, you need to know the month and day you were born.
- In Chinese astrology, the year you were born determines your zodiac sign. There are 12 Chinese zodiac signs, with each year ruled by a different sign.
- To find your Chinese zodiac sign, you just need to know the year you were born.
Identify the Corresponding Zodiac Sign
Once you know your birth date, you can easily look up which zodiac sign corresponds with that date.
Refer to a Zodiac Calendar
- Refer to a Western or Chinese zodiac calendar that shows the dates or years associated with each zodiac sign.
- See which sign your birth date/year falls under based on the calendar.
Use an Online Zodiac Calculator
- Go to any online zodiac sign calculator or finder.
- Enter your birth date and location.
- The calculator will instantly output your zodiac sign.
Read About Your Zodiac Sign
After identifying your sign, read more about its common traits and characteristics:
- Each zodiac sign has a set of common personality traits attributed to it. See if you identify with your sign.
Compatibility with Other Signs
- Learn which other signs you may be compatible or incompatible within friendships and relationships.
Auspicious Colors, Numbers, etc
- Different symbols, colors numbers or gemstones are considered lucky for each zodiac sign.
Learning these details about your sign can provide some fun insight!
Commonly Asked Questions
What’s the difference between Western and Chinese zodiacs?
The Western zodiac is based on the months of the year. The Chinese zodiac repeats in 12-year cycles and is determined by the year you were born.
When does the zodiac year start?
In Western astrology, Aries season begins on the Spring Equinox around March 21. This marks the start of the new zodiac year.
The Chinese zodiac runs on the lunar calendar, beginning sometime between late January and mid-February with the Chinese New Year.
Why is my zodiac sign different in Western and Chinese astrology?
Because they follow different systems, your Western and Chinese zodiac signs will likely be completely different. This is very common so there’s no need to be confused.
Can being born on a cusp change my zodiac sign?
People born close to the transition from one zodiac sign to another are called “cuspians.” You only have one definitive sun sign based on your birth date.
Finding your zodiac sign requires minimal effort but provides interesting insight into your personality traits, compatibilities, and lucky symbols based on astrology. Determine your birth details, identify the matching zodiac sign, and dive deeper into what your sign says about you for fun.